The most common questions we receive is how to build a routine with LARK, how to use the products and in what order. In this Guide, we are going to break down when and how to use each product so you can get the most out of your new routine! And don't forget to checkout our YouTube Channel for how-to tutorials!
Let's start with The LARK Ritual - AKA the order we recommend you apply your skincare. When in doubt, follow these steps!
- Step 1: Cleanse with oil to remove impurities while hydrating skin.
- Step 2: Tone to remove leftover impurities and prep skin to absorb skincare.
- Step 3: Treat specific skin concerns like dark spots, acne and/or fine lines.
- Step 4: Moisturize with oil to balance oil production and hydrate beneath the surface.
Now, let's build YOUR LARK Ritual! Take our 30 second skincare quiz and receive a personalized list of product recommendations + routine best suited for you and your skin!
LARK Ritual Hacks:
- Choose two LARK cleansers to double cleanse with - the first cleanse removes make up and the second removes leftover build up in pores!
- If your skin is exceptionally dry, skip cleansing (if you did the night before) and use a toner to refresh pores and avoid stripping skin.
- Mix your facial oil with your favorite cream cleanser for double the hydration!
How to use oil cleansers:
- Apply a small amount oil or Balm directly to dry skin and massage in small circular motions. (Do not wet your face before applying - even when wearing makeup!).
- Massage into skin for 30 seconds or longer!
- Gently but thoroughly remove with warm, damp cloth. (Not just water - it will not remove the oil)!
- Follow with toner, vitamin c serum and a moisturizer.
When to use oil cleansers:
- Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil is perfect to use morning + night to remove makeup or other impurities. (Best for all skin types, even oily + acne prone).
- Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm is best to use at night to remove the day. (Best for mature + dry skin).
- Jojoba + Turmeric Facial Polish is to be used once weekly after cleansing with oil. (Best for all skin types, even sensitive + acne prone).
How to double cleanse: double cleansing is best when you are removing make up because the first cleanse removes make up and the second removes leftover build up!
Option 1: for a nightly double cleanse
- Cleanse 1: Remove makeup with Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm
- Cleanse 2: Follow with Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil to remove leftover impurities in pores.
Option 2: for a weekly exfoliating cleanse
- Cleanse 1: Remove impurities with Sunflower + chamomile Cleansing Oil
- Cleanse 2: Follow with Jojoba + Turmeric Facial Polish (Apply small amount of polish to damp skin, massage + remove with water).
How to use toner:
- Spritz toner onto cotton pad and gently swipe skin to remove impurities and prep skin for more skincare.
- Or spritz toner directly onto skin and allow it to absorb.
When to use toner:
- After cleansing, before the rest of your routine.
- Instead of cleansing, if you did the night before (helps avoid stripping the skin).
- Throughout the day to refresh skin.
- After a workout.
- After applying makeup.
How to use facial oil:
- Apply 4-5 drops of oil to your palms and massage directly into dry skin (or damp skin if your skin needs extra hydration.
- Allow oil to dry (5 min).
- Follow with SPF + makeup!
When to use facial oil:
- Use morning + night as your daily moisturizer during the last step in your routine.
- Or mix with your favorite cream moisturizer for extra hydration!
Looking to build your routine? Take our 30 second skincare quiz and receive a personalized list of product recommendations + routine best suited for you and your skin!