Everything Lark FAQ
The most common questions we receive is how to build a routine with LARK, how to use the products and in what order. In this Guide, we are going to break down when and how to use each product so you can get the most out of your new routine! And don't forget to checkout our YouTube Channel for how-to tutorials!
Let's start with The LARK Ritual - A.K.A., the order we recommend you apply your skincare. When in doubt, follow these steps!
- Step 1: Cleanse with with oil to remove impurities while hydrating skin. (Trust us, oil cleansing is a game changer, read why here).
- Step 2: Tone to remove leftover impurities and prep skin to better absorb skincare.
- Step 3: Treat specific skin concerns like dark spots, acne and/or fine lines.
- Step 4: Moisturize with oil to balance oil production and hydrate beneath the surface.
Let's break it down a little further...
(Step one) CLEANSING WITH LARK:
Cleansing with an oil or balm may seem confusing or counterintuitive, but it is actually easy (and fun) to use and the results are game changing. Learn more here.
Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil is your daily, AM + PM cleanser perfect for all skin types. The only difference between this and your current cleanser is likely how to use it properly. Unlike the water-based cleansers you're used to that rinse away with water, oil cleansers must be removed with a wet cloth, not just water alone! Tap to learn more.
Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm can be used many ways but its primary job is to be your nighttime creamy cleanser + make-up remover. Apply a small scoop of the Balm directly to dry skin (don't wet your face first, even if you have make-up on! This will prevent the Balm from working). Massage it into skin to break up make-up + impurities and then remove it with a warm, wet cloth!
*pro-tip: we highly recommend double cleansing when using the Balm! I.e., use the Balm first to remove makeup then follow with the Cleansing Oil to remove leftover build up in pores.*
Jojoba + Turmeric Facial Polish is your 2x weekly exfoliant, gentle enough for sensitive skin. After using the Cleansing Oil, massage polish into wet skin then remove with water as usual!
(Step two) Toning with Lark:
After cleansing and before applying your treatment products + moisturizer, spritz your favorite toner directly onto skin, letting it absorb. That's it!
Aloe + Lime Purifying toner is perfect for oily, acne prone skin, if you live in humid climates or live a high sweat lifestyle.
Tulsi + Rose Calming toner is perfect for dry, sensitive or mature skin.
(STEP THREE) TREAT WITH LARK:
As a brand created for the minimalist, our treatment line includes three essentials:
Aloe + Willow Bark Vitamin C Serum because everyone needs a vitamin C serum to prevent signs of aging (and this one is safe for all skin types).
Green Coffee + Avocado Awakening Under Eye Roller for a quick solution to inevitably tired eyes and an effective solution to reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Rose + Glycolic Brightening Mask is a fun to use, at-home-spa, velvety smooth gel mask that reveals smooth, glowing skin and is safe for all skin types.
(Step four) Moisturizing with Lark:
You may notice that Lark's moisturizers aren't the 'norm,' they are both facial oils! If you've never used them before, facial oils can seem greasy and like they'll break you out, but that couldn't be farther from the truth! Read more here!
Rosehip + Citrus facial oil is the product that makes customers fall in love with skincare. It is perfect for all skin types (even acne prone) and works to deeply moisturize, balance and treat skin so it can be happy and healthy!
COQ10 + Sea Buckthorn age defy facial oil is a moisturizer-serum-hybrid that effectively increases skin cell turnover and reduces signs of aging, while hydrating skin.
*It's important to note that our facial oils can be used in place of your current water-based moisturizer, or you can layer it on top of your current water-based moisturizer to lock in extra hydration!*
Now, let's build YOUR LARK Ritual! Take our 30 second skincare quiz and receive a personalized list of product recommendations + routine best suited for you and your skin!
LARK Ritual Hacks:
- Choose two LARK cleansers to double cleanse with - the first cleanse removes make up and the second removes leftover build up in pores!
- If your skin is exceptionally dry, skip cleansing (if you did the night before) and use a toner to refresh pores and avoid stripping skin.
- Mix your facial oil with your favorite cream cleanser for double the hydration!
How to use oil cleansers:
- Apply a small amount oil or Balm directly to dry skin and massage in small circular motions. (Do not wet your face before applying - even when wearing makeup!).
- Massage into skin for 30 seconds or longer!
- Gently but thoroughly remove with warm, damp cloth. (Not just water - it will not remove the oil)!
- Follow with toner, vitamin c serum and a moisturizer.
When to use oil cleansers:
- Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil is perfect to use morning + night to remove makeup or other impurities. (Best for all skin types, even oily + acne prone).
- Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm is best to use at night to remove the day. (Best for mature + dry skin).
- Jojoba + Turmeric Facial Polish is to be used once weekly after cleansing with oil. (Best for all skin types, even sensitive + acne prone).
How to double cleanse: double cleansing is best when you are removing make up because the first cleanse removes make up and the second removes leftover build up!
Option 1: for a nightly double cleanse
- Cleanse 1: Remove makeup with Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm
- Cleanse 2: Follow with Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil to remove leftover impurities in pores.
Option 2: for a weekly exfoliating cleanse
- Cleanse 1: Remove impurities with Sunflower + chamomile Cleansing Oil
- Cleanse 2: Follow with Jojoba + Turmeric Facial Polish (Apply small amount of polish to damp skin, massage + remove with water).
How to use toner:
- Spritz toner onto cotton pad and gently swipe skin to remove impurities and prep skin for more skincare.
- Or spritz toner directly onto skin and allow it to absorb.
When to use toner:
- After cleansing, before the rest of your routine.
- Instead of cleansing, if you did the night before (helps avoid stripping the skin).
- Throughout the day to refresh skin.
- After a workout.
- After applying makeup.
How to use facial oil:
- Apply 4-5 drops of oil to your palms and massage directly into dry skin (or damp skin if your skin needs extra hydration.
- Allow oil to dry (5 min).
- Follow with SPF + makeup!
When to use facial oil:
- Use morning + night as your daily moisturizer during the last step in your routine.
- Or mix with your favorite cream moisturizer for extra hydration!
Looking to build your routine? Take our 30 second skincare quiz and receive a personalized list of product recommendations + routine best suited for you and your skin!