Does product order matter? Yes! Even though all of your skincare is going to the same place, the order your skincare is applied affects absorption and results.
Our Ritual aligns with most routines on the market, which makes working our products into your routine easy. That said, if you are new cleansing balms, facial oils or longer routines in general, screenshot this for later so you can get it right and the best results every time.
The LARK Ritual: the order we recommend you apply your skincare for best results, based on science.Step 1: Cleanse
This may seem obvious...but we have three cleansers and there is definitely a best order to apply them when double cleansing:
- Option 1: Start with Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm to remove make-up, then follow with Sunflower + Chamomile cleansing oil to clean skin.
- Option 2: Start with Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil to clean skin, then follow with Jojoba + Turmeric facial polish to exfoliate.
- Option 3: Start with Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm for a nourishing cleanse then follow with Jojoba + Turmeric facial polish to exfoliate.
Toner is easy because you can really use it during any step of your routine or throughout the day as needed. However, it's very important to definitely use it after oil cleansing and before the rest of your skincare.
- Apply it after cleansing with oil to balance your skin's pH and to dissolve anything leftover in pores, which helps keep your skin clear so it can better absorb all of the good ingredients in your treatment products and moisturizer.
After toning, apply your treatment products in order from thinnest to thickest. If you use Lark alone, it's this easy:
- Green Coffee + Avocado Under Eye Oil, followed by Aloe + Willow Bark Vitamin C Serum
- Or apply the Rose + Glycolic Brightening Mask for 15 min, remove, then follow with the two above.
Step 4: Moisturize
Your facial oil should be the final step in your routine before SPF.