Did you know that our founder, Lisa, has sensitive skin and Rosacea? This made sensitive skin concerns top of mind when developing LARK products. Our expert esthetician, Lauren, weighs in to share her top tips for healing sensitive skin.
If you have sensitive skin or sensitized skin here are 3 things to avoid:
1. Overdoing it with an array of skincare products. Here is an example of a basic routine- Keep it simple with a gentle cleanser, low or no alcohol toner, a treatment serum, a moisturizer, and if needed, a facial oil.
2. Testing a product and not giving it enough time to actually give results (unless you know you’re having a reaction) and switching to something new. Using too many products at once is a quick way to create sensitized skin or irritate sensitive skin types. Wait about 30 days, if you’re still unsatisfied then consider something new.
3. Using exfoliating acids, scrubs, and cleansers that leave your skin feeling red tight and/or dry. Don’t forget skin naturally exfoliates itself. If you want to try something gentle, try raw or Manuka honey as an exfoliator or Gua Sha for lymphatic drainage which helps moves stagnant fluids underneath the skin.
We also recommend our Rose + Glycolic Facial Mask for additional exfoliation and regeneration. This is a mask that is going to leave your skin very soft. Natural glycolic helps smooth texture and brighten dark spots while calming rose reduces irritation and hydrates skin.
If you’re interested in seeing a Gua Sha tutorial head on over to our Instagram page to see our holistic esthetician, Lauren, do a step by step video on how to use a Gua Sha Stone. Highlighted in our stories.
At LARK, we have an array of products that will heal sensitive skin. Our products are ideal for sensitive skin because they are all-natural. Leaving your skin cleansed and hydrated without all of the added chemicals and parabens that cause irritation.
- Keep it simple with a gentle cleanser like our
- Use a low or no alcohol toner
Treatment serum like our Aloe + Willow Bark Vitamin C Serum
- Moisturizer or facial oil. We highly recommend our Rosehip + Citrus Facial Oil. This is an oil-rich in vitamins A + C and an oil that is going to help keep the skin moisturized without making it greasy.
Still, have questions? We're here to help. Drop them below!