Testing a product and not giving it enough time to actually give results (unless you know you’re having a reaction) and switching to something new.
Using too many products at once is a quick way to create sensitized skin or irritate sensitive skin types. Wait about 30 days, if you’re still unsatisfied then consider something new.
Using exfoliating acids, scrubs, and cleansers that leave your skin feeling red tight and/or dry.
Don’t over-exfoliate! Remember, the skin naturally exfoliates itself. If you want to try something gentle, try raw or Manuka honey as an exfoliator or Gua Sha for lymphatic drainage which helps moves stagnant fluids underneath the skin. We also recommend our Rose + Glycolic Facial Mask for additional exfoliation and regeneration.
This is a mask that is going to leave your skin very soft. Natural glycolic helps smooth texture and brighten dark spots while calming rose reduces irritation and hydrates skin.
If you’re interested in seeing a Gua Sha tutorial head on over to our Instagram page to see our holistic esthetician, Lauren, do a step by step video on how to use a Gua Sha Stone.
Our Dry Skin Recommended Routine:
- Throw out the harsh cleansers that leave skin tight and dry. You want to make sure you’re using an oil cleanser that is not only going to cleanse the skin but also keeps it hydrated and nourished. Que our Neroli + Lavender Balm. This moisturizing balm is made with lavender oil, made for soothing the skin and calming inflamed skin.
- Cleanse twice daily, but don't over-cleanse.
- Tone with a gentle alcohol-free toner (most toners contain alcohol that can make your skin super dry - yikes!) We recommend our Tulsi + Rose Calming Toner.
- Don't scrub at your skin. After cleansing + applying toner, make sure to pat dry with a soft cloth or towel. Pulling down on the skin with a towel or rough washcloth can cause more irritation.
- Treat the skin with oatmeal masks. The anti-inflammatory benefits help to calm the skin and shed dead skin cells. Pro tip: apply The Balm + oatmeal mix as a 15-minute mask. Use a thick layer and leave on for up to 15 minutes. Gently wipe away.
- Keep your skin hydrated! Obviously the most important part of battling dry skin is keeping the skin hydrated and protected. (CoQ10 + Sea Buckthorn Age Defy Oil) Use this oil as your nightly moisturizer or serum before your final step!