easy ways to prevent dry skin this winter
3 THINGS TO AVOID if you are prone to dry skin, especially in the winter:
1) Using too many products at once is a quick way to create sensitized skin or irritate sensitive skin types. If your skin is feeling dry, be extra intentional about the products you put on your skin. We suggest simplifying your routine to skincare that moisturizes + helps it get back to a balanced state.
Example: Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm, Green Coffee + Avocado Under Eye Roller, and Rosehip + Citrus Facial Oil
2) Pause or reduce use of exfoliating acids, scrubs, and cleansers that leave your skin feeling red, tight and/or dry. If you do exfoliate, make sure the skincare contains moisturizing ingredients. 💦
Example: Rose + Glycolic Brightening Mask effectively exfoliates while deeply hydrating skin.
3) Avoid scrubbing your skin (i.e., using make up wipes, cleansing pads, or scrubbing tools) especially with products that contain alcohol. Wiping down the skin can damage skin's lipid bilayer and further dry out skin. Consider removing make up with a cleansing oil and pat skin dry with a towel.
Example: Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil or Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm
HOW TO TREAT DRY SKIN: be (extra) intentional about your daily skincare routine. LARK’s Dry Skin Recommended Routine moisturizes, heals and balances dry skin, while restoring your healthy glowing skin.
LARK's Dry Skin Recommended Routine:
1) Cleanse in the morning with Sunflower + Chamomile Cleansing Oil and use Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm at night to remove make up and keep skin moisturized over night.
2) Tone with Tulsi + Rose Calming Toner, a gentle + alcohol free toner than refreshes pores, brightens complexion and hydrates skin.
3) Treat dry skin with products containing anti-inflammatories to help to calm the skin and shed dead skin cells, like a Red Clay + Oatmeal clay mask, Manuka Honey or apply Neroli + Lavender Cleansing Balm for 20 minutes as a deep hydration treatment. Treat under eyes with Green Coffee + Avocado Under Eye Roller.
4) Moisturize with facial oil. It's important to note that skin needs hydration (water-based skincare) when dehydrated, and moisture (oil based skincare) when dry. I.e., use Rosehip + Citrus Facial Oil or COQ10 + Sea Buckthorn Facial Oil as your final step. Feed free to apply an extra layer before bed to lock in moisture over night.
OR Try LARK'S 5 Minute Winter-Morning Routine:
1. Skip cleansing (if you did the night before) and refresh pores with a spritz 💦 of Aloe + Lime Purifying facial toner, letting it absorb into skin.
2. De-puff and brighten your eyes with 2 swipes of Green Coffee + Avocado under eye roller, a moisturizer for the delicate under eye area. (Who doesn’t love avocados for breakfast?).
3. Treat especially dry areas (lips, cuticles, patchy spots, skin exposed to wind-burn) with a few dabs of Neroli + Lavender cleansing balm. Leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask for apply a thin layer for all day wear.
4. Moisturize skin + protect it from the elements (like wind burn) all day long with 5 drops of Rosehip + Citrus facial oil (wears extremely well under make up)!
...and you’re ready to take on the day with healthy, glowing skin! 🌈
Wondering which products are right for your skin type + life style? Take our 30 second skincare quiz and receive a coupon at check out!